TIGA, the trade association representing the video games industry, is delighted to confirm that Creative England’s programme, Greenshoots, is back.
Greenshoots is an investment initiative for independent game developers, run in partnership with Xbox. It offers repayable investments for projects which are focused on helping developers to overcome the hurdles of investment, marketing and discoverability, with investment of up to £100,000 per game development company.
The fund is open to companies who:
- Are a games company based in any of the English regions outside of Greater London;
- have previous, demonstrable game development experience;
- qualify as an SME and are registered at Companies House;
- can provide a £1 for £1 match to any investment received;
- have an innovative game idea to be developed for commercial release on any operating system and platform – but must include a dedicated version for Windows 10, distributed via the Windows 10 Store, and/or Xbox One;
- have not received over €200,000 worth of public sector support granted under State Aid, from whatever source in any three year rolling period; and
- have an ambition to grow the company and create and/or safeguard jobs through the funding.
More information about the initiative can be found here.
Expressions of interest must be received by Sunday 11th August 2019.
Dr Richard Wilson OBE, TIGA CEO, said:
“It is excellent news that Creative England’s Greenshoots programme is back in action. TIGA hopes that many games development studios will benefit from the programme.
“We also hope that the UK Government will consider introducing a Video Games Investment Fund (VGIF) to enhance studios’ access to finance, promote the development of original IP and encourage studio growth.”