We have a track record of influencing Government policy in order to strengthen the video games sector. TIGA has successfully campaigned for:
- the introduction of Video Games Tax Relief (VGTR);
- an extension in the scope of R&D reliefs to cover areas including data costs and cloud computing costs;
- continued support for the UK Games Fund;
- an expansion of the Shortage Occupation List;
- continued funding for BTEC qualifications.
TIGA is currently campaigning for:
- an increase in the scope and in the rate of Video Games Tax Relief to 32%;
- an increase in the rate of R&D Expenditure Credit for large enterprises and the SME tax allowance rate;
- the introduction of a Video Games Investment Fund;
- the resurrection of a the Skills Investment Fund (SIF)
- continued investment in the UK Games Fund;
- on-going support and funding for BTEC Qualifications.