7th November, Natural History Museum, London
7th November, Natural History Museum, London
Welcome to the 9th annual TIGA Games Industry Awards, the UK’s most prestigious celebration of the video games industry. The TIGA Games Industry Awards uniquely recognises excellence in games development, business and education and celebrates the achievements of both small and large games development studios.
There are around 30 categories to enter, some are exclusively for TIGA members.
Entry is free, just complete the super easy online entry form (submitting a logo and game footage where required) and ensure you read the terms and conditions.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Friday 9th August 2019 after which time, our judging panel will be judging and scoring every single entry that has been received. The shortlist of highest scoring entries will be announced in September with the winners of each category being announced at the TIGA Games Industry Awards Ceremony on 7th November 2019 at Natural History Museum London.
Game of The Year 2019 features all the games which have been shortlisted in the 2019 programme. This category is judged by the public and announced on the night at the awards ceremony. Please keep your eye on the website for when voting commences.
When is the deadline for entries?
23:59 on 9th August 2019
When and where is the awards ceremony?
Thursday 1st November 2018 at Guildhall, London
How much does it cost to enter?
It is completely free, although some categories are reserved for TIGA members.
Who judges the awards?
When and where can I buy a ticket to the awards ceremony?
Tickets to the awards ceremony will go on sale as soon as the shortlist is announced. Tickets can be purchased through the website both as single tickets or as tables of ten.
How do I get to the awards ceremony?
Please visit http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/getting-here.html
How much are tickets to attend the awards?
Tickets will be released later in the year.
How do I enter?
All entries must come through the relevant form on the website.
Can European/International games studios enter?
Yes. However, some TIGA Awards categories do have a focus on the UK video games industry.
Which games are eligible to enter the TIGA Games Industry Awards?
Any game that has been released on at least one platform prior to 26th August 2019 is eligible to enter the TIGA Games Industry Awards. There are no restrictions on how old a game may be only that if the game’s release pre-dates 1st August 2017 then it must have had at least one significant game play update since release. Please read the categories carefully and be sure that your game matches the criteria of what the judges are looking for.
What are the categories?
Take a look – categories.
Can I enter multiple categories?
Why are there member only categories?
TIGA is a membership organisation and so we reserve some categories to salute the achievements of our members.
How can I vote for my favourite game in Game of the Year?
Anyone can vote for their Game of the Year by pressing the vote button once voting opens in September.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The awards will be administered by The Independent Game Developers Association (TIGA)
- The TIGA Games Industry Awards are free to enter however there is a fee to attending the ceremony. Prices will be released in September 2019.
- All games submitted to the TIGA Games Industry Awards 2019 must have been released before the 26th August 2019 on at least one platform.
- No pre-released or Early Access games can be entered. Proof of release date may be requested.
- Any game can enter the TIGA Games Industry Awards providing it has been released before 26th August 2019 and matches the judging criteria. If the game’s release pre-dates 1st August 2017 then it must have had at least one significant game play update since release.
- The footage you provide of your game and the wording you use on your entry form is exactly what be used at the awards ceremony should you be shortlisted. Changes cannot be made to entries once submitted.
- TIGA has appointed a panel of judges who will determine the final shortlist and decide on a winner for each category.
- The decision of the judges is final and binding, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries must contain a contact number for further enquiries that TIGA/the judges may have.
- The judges may reallocate an entry to a different category if they see fit.
- Winners and finalists of the awards agree to participate in promotional activities for these awards and future versions of this,
- Closing date for entries is 9th August 2019 23:59. Any entries received past this date will not be accepted.
- All entries must be made via the website.
- No responsibility will be taken by TIGA or any companies associated with the awards for delayed or lost entries.
- By submitting your entry you are confirming that the information it contains is correct. If the information is found to be inaccurate the nomination and/or Award will be withdrawn. No correspondence will be entered into.
- We will notify shortlisted entries and finalists by email. If you have not heard from us, you have not been successful in being shortlisted.
TIGA reserves the right to make changes in the judging process.
- No physical copies of games should be sent to TIGA, entries will only be accepted through redeemable online codes or the sending of game play files through the TIGA Games Industry Awards entry form
- Any winners who do not attend the ceremony must be responsible for courier fees to obtain their trophy.