TIGA, the network for games developers and digital publishers, and the trade association representing the UK video games industry, said today that it has terminated its relationship with Marlborough Information Services Ltd (MIS), the company behind Train2Game (T2G), the distance learning provider.
TIGA has acted as the independent awarding and examination body for the distance learning courses created and delivered by T2G since 2009.
TIGA has ceased to act as an awarding and examination body for T2G courses. TIGA will no longer:
- award TIGA Diplomas to students studying any T2G courses;
- accredit any T2G courses;
- act as an external examiner for any T2G examinations;
- provide quality assurance for any T2G courses and examinations;
- benchmark any T2G courses and qualifications; or
- promote any T2G courses, examinations or qualifications.
MIS is no longer permitted to use TIGA’s name in relation to its T2G courses, or imply that TIGA endorses its courses.
TIGA is focused on strengthening the video games development and digital publishing sector and so it will continue to play an active role in the education and skills arena.
– ends –
TIGA is 90% funded by independent UK businesses. 80% of our board members are developers and/or from UK owned businesses, and 50% of our board are UK business owners themselves. Since 2010, TIGA has won 22 business awards.
TIGA focuses on three sets of activities:
- Political representation
- Media representation
- Business services
This enhances the competitiveness of our members by providing benefits that make a material difference to their businesses, including a reduction in costs and improved commercial opportunities.
It also means our members’ voices are heard in the corridors of power and positively represented in national, broadcast and UK video game trade media.
Get in touch:
- Tel: 0845 468 2330
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.tiga.org
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/tigamovement
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TIGAMovement
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/tiga
For further information, you can also contact: