On 26 November 2020, TIGA, the trade association representing the video games industry, held the third and final day of the virtual TIGA Games Industry Awards 2020.
The winners can be seen below:
- Best VR/AR Game: nDreams: Phantom: Covert Ops!
- Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier of 2020: Liquid Crimson
- Best Puzzle Game: Hidden Layer Games: Inmost
- Best education initiative and talent development: University of the West of England
- Best legal services provider: Eaton Smith LLP
- Best visual design: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe/Media Molecule: Dreams
- Best services provider: Big Planet
- Best small studio: Payload Studio
- Best large studio: Dovetail Games
- Outstanding individual award: Vickie Peggs of Universally Speaking
- Game of the year: Avakin Life
Dr Richard Wilson OBE, CEO of TIGA, said:
“The announcement of today’s winners brings this years TIGA Games Industry awards to a close. The quality of this year’s winners and finalists is testament to the strength, resilience and creativity of the video games industry in the UK and highlights its ability to withstand a year of challenges.
“Thank you to: our judges; the TIGA team; our sponsors; and everyone who entered and joined in with the TIGA Awards to celebrate excellence in games. I would also like to thank our superb sponsors, particularly our Platinum Sponsor, Unreal Engine from Epic Games.
“Until next year, keep safe, keep well and keep developing great games.”
TIGA 2020 Award Sponsors
A huge thank you to all of this year’s TIGA 2020 Award Sponsors:
Platinum Sponsor: Unreal Engine from Epic Games.
* Gold Sponsors: Amiqus; Atomhawk; Lab42 Games; Lockwood Publishing; Red Kite Games; Pipeworks, Sumo Digital; Supermassive Games; and The Chinese Room.
* Silver Sponsors: Codemasters; Dovetail Games; Pearson; Stevens & Bolton LLP; Ubisoft; and Universally Speaking.
* Bronze Sponsors: Aardvark Swift; Baseline; Birmingham City University; Bournemouth University; CCP Games; Games Job Direct; Kwalee; Liquid Crimson; MMP Tax; Outplay Entertainment; Space Ape Games; Tazman Audio and Tentacle Zone Workshop.
Thank you once again to our charity partner, SpecialEffect and for all the fantastic work that you do!