On 24 November 2020, TIGA, the trade association representing the video games industry, held the first day of the virtual TIGA Games Industry Awards 2020.
The winners can be seen below:
- Best Arcade Game – Rebellion: ZOMBIE ARMY 4: DEAD WAR
- Best Recruitment Agency – Amiqus
- Best Audio Design – Sketchbook Games – Lost Words: Beyond the Page
- Best QA/Localisation Provider 2020: Testronic
- Best Casual Game: The Chinese Room: Little Orpheus
- Heritage in Games Award: Wales Interactive: Maid of Sker
- Best Educational/Serious Game: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe/Media Molecule: Dreams
- Best Racing Game: Codemasters: Projects CARS 3
- Best Technical Innovation: Simul
- Best Role Playing Game 2020: Brave at Night: Yes, Your Grace.
Dr Richard Wilson OBE, CEO of TIGA, said:
“Once again, this year’s TIGA industry awards showcased the best talent, the best studios and the best businesses in the video games industry. The competition was fierce, the quality was high, and the games were great. The TIGA Awards highlight the strength, resilience and creativity of the video games industry as a whole and its ability to withstand the most difficult of challenges.
“I would like to say a huge congratulations to the winners of today’s ceremony, and a big thank you to all those who entered and watched the awards today. I would also like to thank our superb sponsors, particularly our Platinum Sponsor, Unreal Engine from Epic Games.
“Tune in tomorrow to discover the winners of ‘Best Action and Adventure Game’, ‘Best Educational Institution’, ‘the Outstanding Leadership Award’ and more.”
TIGA 2020 Award Sponsors
A huge thank you to all of this year’s TIGA 2020 Award Sponsors:
Platinum Sponsor: Unreal Engine from Epic Games.
* Gold Sponsors: Amiqus; Atomhawk; Lab42 Games; Lockwood Publishing; Red Kite Games; Pipeworks, Sumo Digital; Supermassive Games; and The Chinese Room.
* Silver Sponsors: Codemasters; Dovetail Games; Pearson; Stevens & Bolton LLP; Ubisoft; and Universally Speaking.
* Bronze Sponsors: Aardvark Swift; Baseline; Birmingham City University; Bournemouth University; CCP Games; Games Job Direct; Kwalee; Liquid Crimson; MMP Tax; Outplay Entertainment; Space Ape Games; Tazman Audio and Tentacle Zone Workshop.
Finally, thank you once again to our charity partner, SpecialEffect and for all the wonderful work that you do!