According to new figures from Dealroom for the Digital Economy Council, the UK tech sector will end the year as Europe’s leading ecosystem. During 2022, UK tech companies have continued to raise at near-record levels (£24 billion), more than France (£11.8 billion) and Germany (£9.1 billion) combined. This takes the total raised over the past five years to nearly $100 billion (£97 billion).
Further stats today show that the UK has:
- More high-growth companies than European peers having created 144 unicorns and 237 futurecorns and over 85,000 startups and scale-ups
- More venture capital investment than European peers
- A forward-thinking approach to regulation encouraging digital innovation and competition
- Attracted VC funds from across the globe including General Catalyst, Sequoia and Lightspeed
- Eight cities with more than two unicorns including Edinburgh, Nottingham and Oxford
The latest figures underline the success of the UK tech economy and its progress as a source of global innovation.
Find out more here.