Grads in Games Awards 2020 – Nominations Close on February 20, 2020.
The Grads In Games Awards are back for their third year, celebrating the work of students, academics and studios to improve employability across the games industry.
There are only a few days left to get your nominations in — show your appreciation for those who have been a positive influence for the next generation of gamedevs!
Nominate here – https://gradsingames.com/awards
The GiG Awards recognise the largely unseen work of individuals and institutions across academia, from exceptional student projects through to games studios working collaboratively with universities. We meet with thousands of students, educators and professional game developers each year, and so many of them deserve more recognition for their positive actions.
Whether it’s studios with exemplary graduate support and training plans, or educators going the extra mile to nurture & encourage technical skills from students, we shine a vital spotlight on this crucially important sector of the games industry.
The GiG Awards are judged by a panel of industry experts and cover nine categories:
- Academic Award – Lecturers, course leaders and academics who show wide-ranging & long-lasting benefits of their teaching and support.
- Educational Institution Award – Universities, colleges and academic institutions creating the best opportunities for students to move directly into a games industry role.
- Student Hero Award – Current games students who demonstrate an excellent mix of talent, pro-activity & support for other students.
- Core Tech Programmer – Students who demonstrate high aptitude and knowledge within core tech programming.
- Technical Artist – Students who demonstrate a high aptitude and knowledge across Technical Art disciplines.
- Student Game Award – Published student games projects that demonstrate a strong talent and aptitude from its developer(s).
- Industry Collaboration – Actively collaborative work showing strong interaction between universities/students and studios.
- Graduate Employer Award – Games studios and companies with a positive and pro-active approach to hire and support graduate, intern & junior level staff.
- Graduate Impact Award – Recent graduates and junior staff that have excelled in a studio role.
The GiG Awards are supported by our studio partners; Sumo Digital, TT Games, d3t, nDreams, NaturalMotion, BossAlien, and presented in collaboration with Aardvark Swift and the British Games Institute.
Visit the awards page now to submit your GiG Awards nominations at https://gradsingames.com/awards
Nominations close at midnight on February 20, 2020. Shortlists will be released in March and all finalists will be invited to attend the awards presentation to be held during GamesEd20 on April 16, 2020.
The Grads in Games initiative has been successfully improving the links between the games industry & education since 2014. We work to prepare & support the next generation of game developers, offering the skills and knowledge they need to enter the industry when they graduate. GiG’s key activities are our 33 Get in the Game careers events at universities across the country; our Search for a Star student game dev challenges, designed & assessed by games industry professionals; and most recently the Grads in Games Awards.
For further enquiries please contact
Marketing + Support, Grads In Games
+44 (0)1709 834777