On 25 November 2020, TIGA, the trade association representing the video games industry, held the second day of the virtual TIGA Games Industry Awards 2020.
The winners can be seen below:
- Best action and adventure game: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe/Naughty Dog: The Last of Us Part 2
- Diversity Award: Ian Hamilton’s accessibility conference
- Creativity award: Foam Sword: Knights and Bikes
- Best educational institution: Staffordshire University
- Best social game: PlayFusion: Lightseekers
- Best audio services supplier: Tazman-Audio
- Best strategy game: Creative Assembly: A Total War Saga: Troy
- Best Publisher: Curve Digital
- Best tax and accountancy firm: MMP Tax
- Outstanding leadership award: David Darling CBE
Dr Richard Wilson OBE, CEO of TIGA, said:
“Day two of the TIGA Games Industry Awards 2020 once again showcased all the video games industry has to offer, and showcased the best talent, the best studios and the best businesses in the games industry. The awards were highly contested, the talent was terrific, and the quality was excellent. The TIGA Awards highlight the strength, resilience and creativity of the video games industry as a whole and its ability to withstand the most difficult of challenges.
“I would like to say a huge congratulations to the winners of today’s ceremony, and a big thank you to all those who entered and watched the awards today. I would also like to thank our superb sponsors, particularly our Platinum Sponsor, Unreal Engine from Epic Games.
“Tune in tomorrow for the final day of the 2020 TIGA awards, to discover the winners of ‘Best Visual Design’, ‘Outstanding Individual Award, ‘Game of the Year’ and more.”
TIGA 2020 Award Sponsors
A huge thank you to all of this year’s TIGA 2020 Award Sponsors:
Platinum Sponsor: Unreal Engine from Epic Games.
* Gold Sponsors: Amiqus; Atomhawk; Lab42 Games; Lockwood Publishing; Red Kite Games; Pipeworks, Sumo Digital; Supermassive Games; and The Chinese Room.
* Silver Sponsors: Codemasters; Dovetail Games; Pearson; Stevens & Bolton LLP; Ubisoft; and Universally Speaking.
* Bronze Sponsors: Aardvark Swift; Baseline; Birmingham City University; Bournemouth University; CCP Games; Games Job Direct; Kwalee; Liquid Crimson; MMP Tax; Outplay Entertainment; Space Ape Games; Tazman Audio and Tentacle Zone Workshop.
Thank you once again to our charity partner, SpecialEffect and for all the amazing work that you do!