On 6 August 2020, the Government published a directory of more than 50 UK-based companies which provide technology or solutions that protect users from harmful content, contact or conduct.
These technologies can help:
- Identify and remove known illegal content, for example which features child sexual exploitation or terrorist activity.
- Detect potentially harmful content or behaviour and flag to human moderators for action.
- Assure the age of users and ensure phones, tablets and the apps on them are safe and appropriate for children.
- Filter content perceived to be harmful across school, business or home internet.
- Identify and mitigate disinformation.
The directory can be accessed here.