The CMA has launched a Market Investigation into the supply of mobile browsers and browser engines, and the distribution of cloud gaming services through app stores on mobile devices in the UK. In relation to the distribution of cloud gaming, the CMA is focusing its investigation on whether Apple’s App Store policies effectively ban cloud gaming services on the App Store and whether this weakens competition in the distribution of cloud gaming. Further information can be found on the CMA’s market investigation case page and in its issues statement.
The CMA would be interested to hear from cloud gaming (or non-cloud gaming) providers that currently, or may in the future, distribute their cloud gaming services through mobile devices, in relation to:
- the future of cloud gaming;
- the role and the importance of accessing mobile devices in the development of cloud gaming;
- consumer behaviours, such as why gamers choose cloud gaming, how gamers discover gaming apps on mobile devices, their experience in using native apps compared to web apps;
- the importance of web apps (progressive web apps) to their business compared to native apps (if they operate both); and
- what app stores do they utilise to distribute their native apps on mobile devices.
Please send your response to email@example.com