HMRC know that most Small & Medium Enterprises want to get things right but may need help to do so. We particularly want to help customers as they face key business life events, including starting in business, taking on an employee, registering for VAT, importing/ exporting and incorporation. To aid this HMRC offers:
- Regular and varied communications – These include;
- Key Messages which feature important and widespread information from across HMRC.
- Information emails, these link to help and support for a particular or timely theme, for example Self Assessment or the Budget, or to new or topical services and products.
Our products include:
- E-learning packages for self- employed customers, employers, traders registered for VAT and landlords. Starting your own business and Business expenses for the Self-employed cover all aspects of starting and growing a business. Becoming an employer deals with taking on and paying employees. VAT – Getting started for traders who are working out if they need to register for VAT. VAT – How VAT works for essential information once you’re registered. Letting out property if you if you are an unincorporated landlord letting out residential property. You can work through these at your own pace and dip in and out to suit your own needs. Thousands of businesses have already used these and found they’re a great way of learning.
- A range of webinars on a variety of topics. You can choose between a pre-recorded webinar available at any time and a live and interactive webinar where you also get the opportunity to ask questions. Customer feedback tells us that these are a good way to get started.
- Live sessions on self-employment, Self Assessment, end of year for employers, P11D and VAT. The service runs in an open chat forum and we have expert staff on hand to answer your questions. Staff don’t have access to your account but will be showing short webinars on relevant topics.
- A selection of short videos on YouTube covering subjects such as Self Assessment, PAYE and Record Keeping. These are a really useful way to get a quick overview on various subjects.
- Business help and education emails is a free service to provide customers with emails from HMRC that are tailored to their needs. They are designed to help customers understand what they need to do and how to get it right first time. Why not sign up now?
- Record keeping for mobile devices enable customers to access apps to help make life a little easier for busy people on the go. A ready reckoner is also available to help customers budget for their first tax bill.
- The Small Business Forum, a new online tax forum and dedicated webchat service for small businesses and the self-employed. It’s a quick and easy way for small businesses to get answers to their tax questions.
- @HMRCBusiness is a Twitter account designed to provide help to business. We tweet about our products, upcoming tax matters and online guidance. Follow us now.