TIGA Award Finalists Receive:
Being shortlisted as a finalist for one of our categories is rewarding in its own right. TIGA will ensure that:
all finalists are included in press releases and relevant TIGA marketing emails;
coverage on TIGA’s website and the TIGA Awards website;
promotion on TIGA’s social media channels.
TIGA Award Winners Receive:
industry recognition at the Awards Ceremony in London attended by industry leaders and the media;
a weighty TIGA trophy!
PR through TIGA’s press releases which are sent to trade press and national press;
coverage on the main TIGA website and in TIGA’s newsletters;
a ‘winners’ signature logo which you can attach to your email or website.
When is the deadline for entries?
18 August 2017 23:59 BST
When and where is the awards ceremony?
Thursday 2nd November 2017 at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London
How much does it cost to enter?
It is completely free, although some categories are reserved for TIGA members.
How do I get to the awards ceremony?
Please visit the V&A website at https://www.vam.ac.uk/visit#gettinghere
How much are tickets to attend the awards?
Tickets will be released later in the year.
How do I enter?
All entries must come through the relevant form on the website.
Can European/International games studios enter?
Yes. However, some TIGA Awards categories do have a focus on the UK video games industry.
Which games are eligible to enter the TIGA Games Industry Awards?
Any game that has been released on at least one platform prior to 25th August 2017 is eligible to enter the TIGA Games Industry Awards.There are no restrictions on how old a game may be only that it must have been released prior to the above date. Please read the categories carefully and be sure that your game matches the criteria of what the judges are looking for.
What are the Categories?
Take a look – categories.
Can I enter multiple categories?
Why are there member only categories?
TIGA is a membership organisation and so we reserve some categories to salute the achievements of our members.
How can I vote for my favourite game in Game of the Year?
Anyone can vote for their game of the year by pressing the vote button once voting opens in September.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The awards will be administered by The Independent Game Developers Association (TIGA)
- The TIGA Games Industry Awards are free to enter however there is a fee to attending the ceremony. Prices will be released in September 2017.
- All games submitted to the TIGA Games Industry Awards 2017 must have been released before the 25th August 2017 on at least one platform.
- No pre-released or Early Access games can be entered. Proof of release date may be requested.
- Any game can enter the TIGA Games Industry Awards providing it has been released before 25th August 2017 and matches the judging criteria. If the game’s release pre-dates 1st August 2015 then it must have had at least one significant game play update since release.
- The footage you provide of your game and the wording you use on your entry form is exactly what be used at the awards ceremony should you be shortlisted. Changes cannot be made to entries once submitted.
- TIGA has appointed a panel of judges who will determine the final shortlist and decide on a winner for each category.
- The decision of the judges is final and binding, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries must contain a contact number for further enquiries that TIGA/the judges may have.
- The judges may reallocate an entry to a different category, if they see fit.
- Winners and finalists of the awards agree to participate in promotional activities for these awards and future versions of this,
- Closing date for entries is 18 August 2017 23:59. Any entries received past this date will not be accepted.
- All entries must be made via the website.
- No responsibility will be taken by TIGA or any companies associated with the awards for delayed or lost entries.
- By submitting your entry you are confirming that the information it contains is correct. If the information is found to be inaccurate the nomination and/or Award will be withdrawn.No correspondence will be entered into.
- We will notify shortlisted entries and finalists by email. If you have not heard from us, you have not been successful in being shortlisted.
TIGA reserves the right to make changes in the judging process.
- No physical copies of games should be sent to TIGA, entries will only be accepted through redeemable online codes or the sending of game play files through the TIGA Games Industry Awards entry form
- Any winners who do not attend the ceremony must be responsible for courier fees to obtain their trophy.